"Christians are Homophobic"
Hey Family,
I took a week off because I needed a break LOL. I pray you're doing well wherever you are in life. I also pray you know that what you're doing is significant and that you are essential part of your friend group, family, organization, job, career, and anything else you can think of.
Just a reminder this blog is called being a young, black, Christian male in 2021. It would be a disservice to all my young Christian readers like myself to not talk about the real controversial topics we face every day.
I think we can somewhat agree that Christians have borderline been canceled by society. I've been observing Twitter, as always, and one of the biggest points of discussions is that Christians are homophobic.
I'm sure there are some folks out there who are Christians who've treated people apart of the LGBTQ+ with discrimination, hatred, violence, and unjust actions. This is terrible and those people should be held accountable for their actions.
On the other hand, I believe it is unfair to categorize every Christian as homophobic. After observing conversations on/off Twitter, I've often noticed when someone who's a Christian disagrees with homosexuality, they are instantly labeled homophobic and are canceled.
I also hear the supporting argument to the cancellation being,"God says you are supposed to love everyone." This statement is very true. Christians should love everyone and treat everyone with the respect they deserve. However, just because someone doesn't agree with someone's sexuality, doesn't mean they don't love you.
Disagreeing also doesn't give Christians the right to judge, disrespect, label, chastise, harm, or exclude people of the LGBTQ+ community either.
I wish that everyone in this generation could just have civilized discussions without them ending in hatred of each other. Let's kill the hate with love. Move forward. And progress as a society.
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility, regard others as more important than yourselves." Philippians 2:3 AMP
Love,
CQ
Comments
Post a Comment