OPERATE FROM PEACE

 

                                              If it ain't peace I don't want it. 


MAN! As I get older, I'm learning more and more what genuine peace feels like. Being young, there is so much chaos you have to encounter. I used to believe that you have to find peace in the chaos, but now I realize you to bring peace. Fire fighters don't go into burning buildings looking for water. They bring it and are prepared for whatever degree of flames they have to put out. 

Life is always going to be full of ups and downs, challenges, and foreign experiences. Operating from peace is what's going to help you through those experiences. At peace, you're able to make sounder decisions. You're not scrambling at every problem or issue that may arise. Instead of letting the anxiety overtake you, you take control of the anxiety. 

3 things that have been helping be at peace: 

1.) Making time for God - I try to start every day reading the Bible. Scriptures I read at the beginning of the day give me something to refer to when I encounter chaos during the day. On the days when I'm not reading the Bible, I'm listening to old sermons on YouTube from Steve Furtik or T.D. Jakes, turning up to my Gospel playlist, or simply listening to motivational speeches. 

2.) Watching what I consume- Sometimes we don't realize the effect that social media, crazy friends or family, or our chaotic world has on us. MUTE ALL THAT. Mute social media pages that aren't speaking positivity. Mute your messy friends... or family LOL. Don't let anything disrupt the peace you're building in your heart. 

3.) Find good support systems- There are going to be crazy days. That's life. Surround yourself with people who genuinely care for you and your success. People who aren't looking to gain anything from you. People that can help lift you up when you're down. People who love you. And love you for you. 

I have so much more on this topic, but start there. Don't be afraid to comment if you have questions or want to have deeper discussions. I would love to hear from you. If you feel uncomfortable commenting. My social media handles are @charlesquincy_ . Let's talk! 

Love, 

CQ 



Comments

  1. I love this! I struggle sometimes to make God a priority first thing in the morning and I know my day suffers for it. I will definitely have to check out Steve Furtik and T.D. Jakes tonight after I finish all of my homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read "Watching what I consume," I thought of nutrition and health right away. Not even considering what we feed our minds with social media and the toxicities shown to us on a daily basis. It's important to be aware of these things so we don't let them have such a strong influence on us and the way we think. Thank you for making this a point!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello again.

Who's really on my team?

Yup, you need this one. Open for a surprise.